Porterbrook Leasing Company (Porterbrook) were looking to change the perception of their Class 14X fleets of vehicles. Therefore, a Class 144 demonstrator unit was being refurbished to highlight the potential of these vehicles to possible franchisees.
dg8 have provided industrial design services and the scope of work covered the following;
- Liaison with Porterbrook regarding the re-design of the vehicle interiors.
- Creation of a clear design ‘vision’ of the new interior.
- Provision of a design vision for: draughtscreens, PIS housings, call for aid housings and low ceiling arrangement with lighting.
- Production of a Schedule of Colours and Finishes based around Northern’s refurbished Class 319 units.
- Creation of a set of interior visualisations for both the DMS and DMSL cars.
- Creation of a 3D exterior visual of the new livery design and a livery drawing.
- Production of a promotional brochure for the Class 144 Demonstrator vehicle.
- Creation of a neutral, unique and bespoke set of colours and finishes that will appeal to all potential franchisees.